|DATE:||02 Apr 2019,|
5.30PM – 8.00PM
|DURATION:||2 hrs 30 mins|
|VENUE:||University of Auckland|
|ADDRESS:||Neon Foyer, Level 4|
20 Symonds Street
Our panel discussion will cover why and how companies are diversifying their workforces, what tertiary institutions are doing to support international students and academics, and tips on adapting to the New Zealand context.
Panel members include:
- Ashvin Thambyah – PhD, Associate Professor, Head of Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, University of Auckland
- Dr Mahsa Mohaghegh – Lecturer, Information Technology and Software Engineering, School of Engineering, AUT and Founder/Director She#
- Joy Chen – Chair, Special Interest Group for Immigrant Engineers
- Steve Tyson – General Manager Regulatory Engineering, Auckland Council
- Fiona Gavriel – CE, Prendos New Zealand Limited
You’ll learn networking skills and have the chance to practise them following the presentation.
This event is hosted by the Engineering New Zealand Auckland Branch, The University of Auckland, AUT and the Special Interest Group for Immigrant Engineers.
Doors open at 5.30pm, with the panel discussion kicking off at 6pm.
Please note: this event will not cover immigration issues.
All attendees need to register prior to the event – spaces are limited.
Paid carparks are available at the Owen Glen building at 12 Grafton Road